The Sawatch Energy Resource Center (SERC) is located at 10,000 feet in the heart of Central Colorado. With future research and production facilities just south of historic Leadville, we are positioned to play a pivotal role in addressing Colorado’s beetle kill epidemic and mitigating environmental damage in key watersheds.
SERC works in three key areas—research, education and production. In these areas, we:
- Partner with leading institutions to advance the interrelated fields of technology, ecology and energy
- Provide a broad spectrum of educational resources for students, teachers and community leaders
- Collaborate with private companies to develop responsible, profit-driven models for energy development
- Offer job training tools and resources to move workers into the green job sector
- Serve as a test site for technology implementation and demonstration
SERC is rapidly moving from vision to reality. We have secured major funding to develop business and operational models. Now, as we transition toward construction and production, we seek additional private and public partners who realize the vast potential—and critical importance—of developing local energy solutions.
Would you like to contact us? Click here.